Pre-Owned Item: VA214 Valiant Armoury Craftsman Series – Dagesse Type XIV Arming Sword
- Blade Condition: Moderate Cosmetic blemishing (scuffs, scratches, light / shallow pitting) are present. Edge is still sharp with some light dulling present in main cutting areas.
- Hilt Condition: Moderate Cosmetic blemishing (scuffs, scratches) are present. — Medium amount of light / shallow pitting on pommel
- Grip: Excellent condition
- Construction Condition: Sword is still durably peened and solidly constructed
- Scabbard Condition: Moderate cosmetic blemishing present. Scabbard still functions well, blade is starting to get a looser fit with scabbard
The Valiant Armoury Dagesse is from the Craftsman Collection which, unlike many earlier Valiant Armoury swords, is entirely made in the USA to more exacting specifications for a higher quality sword. The blade is fashioned from 6150 high carbon steel and tempered to a hardness of 50-52 HRc. The crossguard and pommel are mild steel and the poplar grip is finished with a binding of red leather.
The sword has a wood-core scabbard of poplar which is bound in leather and fitted with a steel chape and locket. An adjustable sword belt of leather with a metal buckle is integrated and woven into the scabbard.